Solar & Green Energy
Our goal is to offer practical, results-oriented solutions for your business needs. We’ll help you with expediting project delivery, mitigating potential legal risks and maximizing your return on investment.
Trusted Counsel works with clients in the areas of engineering procurement and construction firms (EPCs), developers, investors, owners, and operators of both utility-scale and distributed generation (DG) solar energy projects.
Our solar work includes:
- Structuring and documenting commercial and philanthropic financing of solar energy projects
- Real estate & land use
- Project financing, particularly the structuring of philanthropic financing in which the solar energy is used by a nonprofit organization (such as nonprofit school) or other mission-driven organization
- Project development & construction
- Taxes and incentives
Trusted Counsel’s solar energy practice draws upon firm resources to provide clients with a full range of services. Lawyers in our Intellectual Property practice regularly help inventors of renewable energy technologies and construction methodologies to secure and protect their assets, while our corporate practice handles both a wide range of general business issues and solar-related mergers and acquisitions.
- Representation of a solar developer in a multi-million dollar sale of a solar energy project to a large Southeast renewable energy company
- Representation of an engineering procurement and construction (EPC) firm in numerous transactions concerning a state-wide Georgia utility
- Representation of a solar developer in the sale of a solar energy project to a construction company based in Atlanta, Georgia
- Representation of a solar developer with regard to a power purchase agreement (PPA) concerning a state-wide Alabama utility
- Representation of an EPC firm in a transaction involving a large city in Georgia
- Representation of an EPC firm in numerous transactions in the Southeast with EMCs
- Representation of a solar developer with regard to co-development agreements with a large private concern
- Representation of an EPC firm in transactions with a large Southeast renewable energy company
- Representation of a solar developer in a philanthropically financed solar energy project that benefits a tax-exempt independent school through a solar energy procurement agreement (SEPA)