Mergers, Acquisitions & Exit Transactions
Trusted Counsel advises companies on merger and acquisition strategies for both buy-side and sell-side transactions.
We have completed transactions with companies of all sizes, from middle-market to Fortune 100. Each transaction is designed to achieve and protect your immediate objectives and long-term strategic goals. We engage a multi-disciplinary team to address the full range of issues you may encounter — including corporate, securities, tax, employee benefits, and intellectual property considerations. Our extensive experience gives us the ability to analyze complex transactions, propose deal-oriented solutions, and negotiate successful outcomes.
Trusted Counsel can also advise you in recapitalizations and reorganizations for strategic purposes.
These may be undertaken for a variety of reasons, such as streamlining operations, restructuring company divisions, freezing out minority shareholders, or bringing on fresh investors for distressed companies. In all cases, we work with you to determine the legal, tax, economic and operational impacts to provide practical solutions to your challenges.
The following mergers & acquisitions/exit transactions were middle-market deals; various undisclosed multi-million dollar prices.
- Representation of technology services business in sale to major competitor in their industry
- Representation of a Fintech company in sale to FiServ in excess of $100 million
- Representation of healthcare business in multi-million dollar sale to stock to key professionals in the business under IRS Section 338(H)(10) structure
- Representation of a second Fintech company in the sale to Fiserve (undisclosed price)
- Representation of a company in the banking services industry in a $100 million sale transaction involving bank-related software
- Representation of operating founders in sale of managed network company to private equity; representation since formation; all tax structuring, counseling and negotiation of all aspects of deal in excess of $43 million
- Representation of an IT company in a sale valued at $50 million
- Representation of a private equity-owned company in sale of pharma business to a strategic buyer for $27 million
- Representation of an IT company with a business acquisition valued at $8.4 million
- Representation of a software logistics B2B business in the acquisition of a strategic business for a B2C extension
- Representation of a managed network business in the sale of a majority position to private equity
- Representation of a Brazil-based enterprise software development company in purchase of US-based services business focused on the Fintech market
- Representation of a services company in the acquisition of an existing market research firm (earn-out; assumption of liabilities)
- Representation of a web-based document management software company in the sale of a product line to a top 5 U.S. insurance company
- Representation of a Fintech company in the sale to a Fortune 500 publicly traded Fintech business
- Representation of an interactive services agency in the sale of its business to a global architectural facility development company for a multi-million sale price plus an earn-out
- Representation of a telecommunications hardware company in a multi-million dollar preferred stock merger