In today’s economy, all business is global.
With each new jurisdiction, companies are faced with vastly different legal systems and complex considerations. Succeeding in diverse industries and jurisdictions requires a highly experienced legal team.
Trusted Counsel works with domestic and foreign businesses seeking to establish and grow a U.S. presence.
Our services include educating non-US-based clients on the nuances and opportunities for establishing and expanding their U.S. businesses. We provide counsel around critical areas like identification of the appropriate jurisdiction, organization and set up, “Americanizing” contracts and other key agreements, employment assistance, and intellectual property protection.
Foreign companies, multinational corporations, and institutions trust us to represent them in acquisitions of U.S. companies, and we also offer representation for United States companies that have been sold to foreign buyers or are acquiring businesses outside of the United States.
Our Intellectual Practice team is experienced with inbound trademark work, whether expediting filing in the United States from registration in a foreign jurisdiction or overseeing a new filing in the U.S. Our attorneys advise on protection of copyrights and trade secrets as well as providing strategic assistance with patents and other intellectual property portfolio matters.
We are part of your international team, working to solve complex legal issues wherever you’re doing business.
Global Legal Network
For United States clients requiring services in foreign jurisdictions, Trusted Counsel is a member of Interact Law, a global network of specialist legal firms. Trusted Counsel is one of only two U.S. firms selected to be part of this global legal network. Through Interact Law, clients can benefit from introductions to pre-qualified legal expertise across the world or rely on us to retain local foreign counsel and manage your projects abroad.
- Negotiation and documentation of investment transaction on behalf of mobile theatre with Japan-based public company
- Strategize, negotiate and document licensing transaction between US-based mobile theatre client and Singaporean travel company
- Identify jurisdiction, incorporate and establish Texas-based subsidiary of UK-owned business, including Americanizing all agreements, all employee agreements and incentive plans; tax strategy and assistance
- Provide general counsel services to UK-based global entity with large subsidiary in Colorado, including strategy and assistance with acquisitions, international intellectual property strategy, negotiation and documentation of technology development agreements and commercialization and rollout of technology products
- Identify jurisdiction, incorporate and establish New York-based subsidiary of Dutch-owned business, including Americanizing all agreements, all employee agreements and incentive plans; negotiation of customer and vendor agreements
- Acquisition on behalf of US-based technology company of social media entity in England, including documentation and negotiation