Trusted Counsel has extensive experience in private securities and finance transactions.
Our private securities practice encompasses a broad range of transactions, including seed financing, growth, and later-stage financings, venture capital, private acquisitions, senior debt financings, and portfolio company transactions.
We provide legal advice that adds value to transactions and brings clarity to the full range of your investment options. We understand that each transaction is different and contains its own unique challenges. We thrive on that and excel in our ability to understand those challenges and create solutions to overcome them.
Our goal is to minimize your liabilities and set you up for success. We’ll work seamlessly with you to perform due diligence and analyze the transaction in terms of execution risk and post-closing risk. Our multi-disciplinary team of attorneys carefully review the transaction for corporate, securities, tax, employee, intellectual property, and regulatory considerations.
We regularly advise emerging growth and technology companies in raising capital from angel investors, family funds, and venture capital firms. We understand the importance of balancing your concern for ownership and control with the need for new capital.
Even for the savviest investors, assessing potential opportunities, performing due diligence, and negotiating deals can be a challenge. We clear through the clutter to provide clarity and objective guidance. We serve as a valuable extension of your investment team – counseling you on investor protective rights, preferences, anti-dilution rights, and downside protection strategies.
Sample areas of assistance:
- Angel investor transactions
- Family office transactions
- Venture capital investments
- Private securities compliance
- Venture debt
- Bank financing & securitization of assets
- Recapitalizations and minority investor rights
- Representation of technology start-up in convertible debt from SalesForce
- Representation of three Memphis based family offices in the investment (structuring, negotiation and implementation) of three rounds preferred and debt investment in customer loyalty software entity
- Representation of innovative SaaS business for content creators to provide live interactive events in SAFE contracts
- Representation of Boston based venture fund and intermediary with a variety of investment transactions, including private placement memoranda, FINRA issues and structuring of special investment vehicles for investment
- Representation of angel investors in strategizing, diligence and implementing investment in a variety of businesses
- Representation of technology businesses in SAFE, convertible debt, seed and preferred investment rounds; venture debt and traditional bank financing
- Representation of a healthcare technology company as it raised $21 million through debt and equity financing
- Representation of venture investment of multi-millions for a controlling interest in a security and surveillance company
- Representation of a consortium of family offices in the investment of three preferred rounds into a consumer intelligence technology company
- Representation of a New York City entertainment tour bus company and fully prepared it for a company recapitalization and multi-million dollar investment from a family office
- Representation of a digital state lottery organization expediting their $2 million investment received from an angel investor