Legal Compliance: Compliance with state and federal employment laws is becoming increasingly complex.
You can count on our experience to help you develop proactive compliance strategies and customized solutions to fit your unique employment issues, including compensation structures, employee/contractor classification, wage and hour compliance, hiring and termination practices, human resource policies, workplace investigations, and personnel decisions. When necessary to remain efficient, we use our relationships with outside employment attorneys to address areas that require litigation or specialized counseling.
Human Capital: We frequently counsel our clients on a broad range of day-to-day personnel matters.
You might call on us for guidance in attracting and retaining personnel via executive employment agreements, cash and equity incentive plans, bonus programs, or deferred compensation plans. We can also assist you in minimizing concurrent and post-employment competition and piracy by implementing carefully drafted restrictive covenants, personnel policies, and separation agreements. Our agreements give you the ability to pursue litigation aggressively to prevent infringement of intellectual property and enforce restrictive covenants.
Executive Compensation and Representation
We often work with top executives of large, typically global entities in the negotiation and implementation of their compensation and incentive plans, as well as their employment agreements. We are very experienced in the negotiation of separation agreements.
Sample areas of assistance:
- Hiring, restrictive covenants and separations
- Employment manuals and policies
- Option and related incentive plans, profits interest plans
- Unregulated deferred compensation plans
- General assistance of business clients with documentation for employees and independent contractors
- Equity incentive plans for employees and key consultants; board plans
- Mentor and structure executive compensation for top executives in transition