Data Privacy, Information Security & Compliance
Data: The New Currency
Businesses are using data-driven strategies and innovations to remain competitive in an ever more digital — and ever more regulated — global economy, from the Internet of Things and connected devices to blockchain, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
Trusted Counsel’s Data Privacy, Information Security and Compliance practice helps companies leverage the “new currency” of data by using experienced, innovative and compliant approaches to work with advanced technologies and data-centric business models and transactions.
Our practice is on the cutting edge of legal changes both in the United States and around the world, and we help our clients navigate these ever-changing, and frequently conflicting, government and industry regulatory requirements by partnering with our clients to anticipate threats, meet challenges, and implement evolving privacy and data protection principles—in a practical way that makes sense for your business.
Trusted Counsel believes strongly in taking a holistic, 360-degree approach to data.
For us, it is not merely about providing regulatory advice or helping clients respond to security incidents, as important as they are. It’s also about helping clients take a proactive approach to data by partnering with them to devise creative — and compliant — ways of unlocking the value of your data assets.
Our practice works creatively with clients to maximize the value of the business by using your data assets to differentiate themselves in the marketplace and grow, while remaining compliant with constantly changing legal and regulatory requirements.
We partner with U.S. and global companies in many industries, including those that are highly regulated, like financial services and health care, as well as mid-market businesses and highly innovative, cutting-edge startups. The one thing they all have in common: data is critical to operations and continuing success.
Trusted Counsel’s Data Privacy, Information Security and Compliance practice provides clients with savvy, technology-focused, practical, and business-centered guidance.
Sample areas of assistance:
- Regulatory compliance
- Cross-border data transfers
- Cybersecurity regulations
- U.S. data privacy laws
- U.S. consumer protection laws
- Financial services
- Information security and incident response
- Data privacy and information security assessments and compliance programs
- Data-related transactions
- Employee privacy
- Digital advertising
- Internet of Things/connected devices
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
We have counseled companies and entrepreneurs in complying with new and changing data privacy, information security laws and regulations:
- Compliance with the European Union’s General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
- Compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Developing, implementing and maintaining data privacy and information security compliance plan
- Advising on E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield certification
- Advising on complicated cross-border data transfer issues
- Advising digital marketing companies on privacy compliance in areas of online behavioral advertising, location-based data and data analytics
- Reviewing, revising and drafting compliant customer-facing privacy and cookie notices
- Compliance with state and federal data breach laws
- Planning for and responding to a data breach