Commercializing Intellectual Property
Intellectual property is critical in today’s business environment.
For many companies, innovation and creativity, and the intellectual property (IP) that results, are their most important assets. Particularly in today’s fast-paced, competitive environment, protecting and leveraging these assets to their full extent, both in the United States and globally, is vital to a business’s success — and survival.
Trusted Counsel provides a broad range of legal services for the development, acquisition, commercialization, protection, and enforcement of intellectual property rights in the United States and around the world.
We work with our clients in a wide variety of industries to meet your most important IP needs, from advertising agencies, entertainment, new and emerging media, and branding, to financial services, consumer goods and services, and life sciences. We understand the factors that drive the value of your intellectual property, whether you’re an established business or a startup or early stage company.
Trusted Counsel uses our deep experience as advisors and dealmakers, as well as our knowledge of our clients’ markets and business goals, to provide business-focused insight, creative tactics, and practical strategies that optimize opportunities, mitigate risk, and fend off competitive challenges.
We are well-versed in all aspects of current intellectual property law, including patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade dress, trade secrets, and domain name issues.
Trusted Counsel represents IP owners in high-stakes disputes and advises them on complex transactions. We help close deals by providing IP advice, performing due diligence, intellectual property assessments, and valuations, and structuring asset-based funding, technology and licensing agreements, research and development transactions, and joint ventures.
We also help clients enforce and defend your IP rights in state and federal courts and before U.S. government agencies.
Sample areas of assistance:
- Counseling and selection
- Clearance, registration and maintenance
- Licensing, branding and commercialization
- Counseling and advice
- Registration, renewals and maintenance
- Licensing and commercialization
- Counseling and prosecution
- Licensing and technology transfer
- Restrictive covenants and enforcement
- Best practices
- Joint ventures
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Independent contractor/work for hire assignments
- Counsel for an innovative introduction to Broadway theatre technology company using patent, copyright, and trademark-protected vehicle and technology; and groundbreaking trade dress protection of entertainment method; licensing and strategy
- Representation of global small ship sailing experience company, including protection of key intellectual property assets
- Representation of a number of professional services firms in connection with their strategic protection of propriety intellectual property and methodologies by trade secrets, copyright and confidential information
- Counsel for a secured creditors/investor group in structuring the sale of university and company developed patents, copyrights and related intellectual property of a liquidated entity
- Representation of a world-renowned image compression software tool kit developer and licensor and strategy and assistance in patent and copyright infringement suits, as well as representation in the acquisition of multiple multi-million dollar IP-based competitors